Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Boys will be Boys

Boys will be boys but this Momma may not survive it!

Last night Jake and Sam were running through the kitchen back into the den. Sam is all about “winning” these days so he bumped Jake and Jake went flying into the door frame between the kitchen & den. I did not see him hit but I heard it! He immediately started crying and kept crying after I picked him up. He usually will quit once someone has picked him up. After about 5 minutes I put him back down and he played and laughed until I looked at him across the room and saw the biggest knot on his forehead above his eye. He would not let me put ice on it so I just watched him for the next hour or so to make sure he was ok. This morning it is still a little puffy and definitely bruised. I knew he was ok when he put on his hat to go to Grandma's.

Sam felt really bad because when Jake was crying Sam immediately began telling him he was sorry. We, of course, told them no more running in the house for the thousandth time. Before I put Jake to bed (an hour or so after it happened) Sam gave him a hug and kiss and told him he was sorry again. Poor Jake!

*This was the best picture I could get because once he quit crying I could not get him to sit still! You can definitely see it since it starts at his hair line and goes down to his eyebrow.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

OUCH!! I may not survive mothering a boy myself!! Oh the things to look forward to! :)