Friday, October 22, 2010

Sam's 4K Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

I went with Sam and his 4K class to the Pumpkin Patch in Clanton yesterday and we had a blast! I love this Pumpkin Patch because there is so much for the kids to do. When we first got there Mrs. Elaine brought a snack for the kids while we waited for everyone to arrive. We went to the Petting Zoo first and Sam loved running around looking at all the animals. It was then his classes turn to ride the ponys. I wasn't sure how this would go with Sam because he refused to ride the pony last year. We'll he jumped right in line with Tyler and Caleb and away he went. He loved it! When it was our turn to go on the hayride to the pumpkin patch Sam wanted to sit up front with his buddies which I didn't mind. It gave me a chance to see them interact and hear their conversations which at 4 is hilarious! Once we got to the patch Sam picked out the BIGGEST pumpkin he could find, which was fine except that I had to carry it the rest of the time! Luckily I had brought a bag with me to carry it which made it a little easier, but not any lighter. The kids got to jump around on the hay for a long time which the boys made into a game of "King of the Hay"! It was so funny as they all climbed to the top! The last thing we did was the inflatables. It got Sam just tired enough that he started to get whiny.

When we left I asked Sam what he wanted for lunch since this was "his" day. He chose Moe's so we headed back toward Alabaster. He ate the kid-size burrito and all his chips and cheese dip. He was starving after a fun morning!

We had the best time! I can't believe this is his last year at CCCE! It has flown by! I have loved every one of Sam's teachers and can't believe how much he has learned! I'm glad Jake has started "school" too and I just hope the teachers can handle him!



Sam & Tyler riding the ponys. Must have been hard work because they had to take a break afterwards (See below)!



Most of Sam's 4K Class!

Caleb, Sam, Ethan, and Zac on the Hayride!


I love this one of Sam!

Some of the class with Mrs. Elaine!

The kids playing "King of the Hay"! Sam was the King this time!

No comments: