Sam told me this weekend he knew exactly what he wanted to get Mrs. Elaine for Christmas! He wanted to buy a wooden cross and then he wanted to paint it. (He has seen me paint the wooden letters that are on their bedroom door.) He then told me that he wanted to paint it...orange and blue. GASP! I know, strange coming from the child that tried to set his friends by what tean they pulled for! Mrs. Elaine is a huge Auburn fan which bothered Sam at first but now he's ok with it! We went to Hobby Lobby Saturday and bought the cross and paint. When we got home he knew exactly how he wanted to paint it (blue all around the edges with orange in the middle - sounds funny but turned out cute)! Once we got it painted he was so proud of his work! I told him we would wrap it up and give it to her at his Christmas Party next week. NOT HAPPENING! He wanted to bring it to school today and instead of starting an argument I let him! She had her Auburn Christmas sweatshirt on today so it was perfect! She loved it and gave Sam a huge hug. She also told him how much it meant to her that he would use those colors. She said she knew it must have been hard for him, but he just loves her!
I wish I had taken a picture of it! Oh well!
New post below...
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment