Monday, October 19, 2009

October Fun

Friday was Sam's first field trip with his 3K class at Helena Methodist Church. We went to the Pumpkin Patch in Clanton and had a great time! We had a hayride out to the Pumpkin Patch where Sam got to pick his own pumpkin. The picture below shows him with a small pumpkin but don't let that fool you because we came home with the biggest pumpkin! We already had 2 small pumpkins at home that I had bought for the boys and Sam decided that we needed a BIG one to go with the baby ones. After the hayride we went to the petting zoo and Sam got to feed the animals. He loved feeding the chickens, goats, and sheep. I even had to buy an extra cup of food so he could keep feeding them! We stood in line for him to ride the pony and after waiting for 20 minutes he decided that he did not want to ride the pony. I was in shock that he did not want to do it since that is all he had talked about on the ride to Clanton. When we left Clanton he wanted lunch so we decided on Moe's. He loves their quesadilla's! We had a great time on his first field trip! I love Mommy & Sammy Day's!

On Sunday he asked if we could carve a pumpkin and because it is 2 weeks until Halloween I was afraid the big pumpkin might rot if we carved it now so we decided to carve one of the smaller pumpkins. I asked Sam what he wanted the pumpkins face to look like and he said he wanted a MEAN pumpkin. He helped me get some of the seeds out but when his hand touched the inside of the pumpkin he was done! He said it was disgusting and that I could finish it for him while he watched (his OCD comes out again)! When I finished the pumpkin I gave it to the boys for a picture (I ended up cutting the pumpkin off in the picture) and then let Jake hold it. Jake had his paci in his mouth and when he looked down at the pumpkin he threw his paci and tried to eat the pumpkin!

We had a great weekend and look forward to next weekend when we go with Nana and Pappy to the Pumpkin Patch! This time we will take Daddy and Jake with us!

No comments: