Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ready for Christmas


Our house is definitely ready for Christmas! We had our tree up the Sunday BEFORE Thanksgiving and the reindeer in the yard right after Thanksgiving. Sam is so excited about Santa Clause coming this year! He asks me all the time to tell him exactly what Santa does on Christmas Eve. I then tell him about Santa and the sleigh and the reindeer, even though he knows all about it! He asks how Santa gets into the houses and I tell him through the chimney and down into the fireplace. He then wants to know what would happen if someone accidentally left their fire on in their fireplace and Santa burned his butt who would finish delivering the Christmas Presents! I think he is afraid that if that happened before Santa gets to our house that he may not get his presents! Every time he starts talking about that I just crack up laughing because what other 3 year old would even consider Santa burning his butt! Only my child!
Jake is going to have fun this year too even though he has no clue what is going on. He is my wild child so the wrapping paper and boxes will be the highlight of his day!

I have also been telling Sam the real reason for Christmas which he said he already knows because they've been talking about Jesus' birthday at school! He loves school and learns so much. I am thankful for a great MDO and great teachers.

We have so much going on in the next few weeks until Christmas that I just hope we can slow down enough to enjoy it all. Alan & I both have our Christmas parties for work this coming week and then I will be out of town for a few days the week before Christmas. I will be in town however for Sam's Christmas Program at school which I can not wait to see! This will be the first program that he has been in and we'll just see what happens. He's not one for attention so I'm not sure what might happen! I am lucky enough to have some vacation time left to use the week of Christmas and New Years so I will be able to spend lots of time at home with my sweet boys!

More Christmas updates to come...

No comments: