Well we finally got out of town this summer! When I found out I had to work from our Pensacola office for just one day I talked to Mom (Nana) and we decided to make it a mini vacation with the kids. We drove down Wednesday afternoon to Perdido Beach Resort in Orange Beach. The kids were really good in the car. Jake had never been on a car ride longer than an hour except when he was just 5 months old so I was worried how he would act. We turned on the DVD Player and they watched Alvin and the Chipmunks "Sqweakquel" and a Spongebob DVD. Little did I know that I would hear Spongebob the ENTIRE weekend! When we got to the beach we decided to take the kids down to walk on the beach since it was still daylight. Because Jake had never been to the beach he was so much fun to watch! He immediately wanted down to walk on his own which turned into stumbles and finally he crashed into the sand. When he looked up at me he was all smiles! I should have known since he is my little mess maker! We walked down to the water not knowing what to expect since it has been all over the news about the tarballs. To my surprise you could not see any oil anywhere. We stood on the edge of the water and let the waves his the kids feet and I immediately had a tight grip on Jake's hand because he wanted to dive right in!
By the time we got back up to the room and gave the kids a bath it was time for bed! I had not really given much thought to how we were going to sleep since Jake did not have his crib. The first night both kids were in the bed with me. Sam fell right to sleep but Jake was a different story. He was so happy that he was in a big bed and not in his crib that he would sit up and laugh and then when he laid back down he would start clapping his hands! It took about 15 minutes of him acting silly before I handed him over to Nana and let him sleep with her. I just knew he was going to wake Sam up!
Thursday I had to work and Pappy was driving down to play with the kids too! After dinner we went to play Putt-Putt & ride go-carts. Actually Pappy & Sam played while Nana & I wrestled with Jake. The rest of the trip was spent between the pool and the beach and a trip to the Naval Aviation Museum! Oh and watching numerous hours of Spongebob on the DVD Player. Jake has become obsessed so anytime we were in the room it was turned on!
We had a great trip and I can not wait until we go to Panama City in a few weeks with James & Melissa!
Below are just some of the pictures!!
1 comment:
That sounds about right for our vacations with Clayton ... he and Jake must be cut from the same mold! Looks like yall had a good time though. I will NEVER let Clayton watch Spongebob ... I just can't handle it :)
Post a Comment