Friday, July 30, 2010

Huge Milestones Accomplished

What a great week the Cunningham Boys have had! Both milestones happened Monday however Sam's lasted all week as he took his first round of Swim Lessons! A friend of ours referred us to Ms. Katrina and she is wonderful! Sam went everyday this week for 30 minutes and I am amazed at how much he has learned. Just a few weeks ago he did not even want to be splashed in the pool much less put his head in the water and after his first lesson with Ms. Katrina he was holding his breath and going underwater! After Tuesday's lesson he was learning to swim underwater after jumping in from the side of the pool with no one catching him. Today in his final lesson he was swimming under water to gather rings and torpedos that were on the bottom of the pool. During one of his attempts he actually grabbed 4 torpedos! I am so proud of Sam!!
If you can not see Sam it's because he is underwater swimming to Ms. Katrina after jumping in by himself!


Jake reached a milestone this week too! Monday night we were getting the boys ready for bed and as I searched and searched for Jake's paci I finally decided to try to put him to bed without it! Jake tends to throw his paci when he doesn't want it in his mouth anymore so there is actually no telling where he threw it or where it landed! The boy has a really good throwing arm already! Well, Monday night I knew I would most likely end up at the store buying another set of paci's before the night was over and I am glad to say I was wrong! He went straight to sleep and slept all night! We have still not found the paci (which would be about #20 that we have lost in the house) and he has not had the first fit, not even during naptime! I never thought that I would EVER get that thing away from him because he was so attached!


We are so proud of the boys and their accomplishments this week!!!

No comments: